Spartan Logistics is seeking an experienced Warehouse Shipping Clerk to work in our Greenwood, IN warehouse.
Duties and Responsibilities
Direct Hire, Weekly Pay, 2nd Chance Employer, Bonuses/Incentives, Benefits and More!
Shift Available - Day Shift
Start date - IMMEDIATELY
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Responsible for shipping finished goods for customer orders. As well as picking orders.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
- Prints picking and packing slips for the shipment of customer orders.
- Pulls product to fill customer orders while verifying the accuracy of the picking and packing slips.
- Stocks various product in the warehouse while ensuring that racks are organized, the warehouse is clean, and product packages are in their proper locations.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
In addition - under general supervision, you will be reading pick tickets for individual items to be moved, gathered, and shipped; assembling customer orders from stock and placing orders on plastic trays. Conveying finished trays/orders to the staging area. Ensure company standards are met by verifying tray counts and configuring of the selected order for distribution.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Visual acuity
- Fine motor skills
- Color perception
- Depth perception
- No climate control
- Field of vision/peripheral
- Lifting -- Not to exceed 50 lbs.
- Will be utilizing computer more than 50% of shift, must know Microsoft Suite
SUMMARY OF NECESSARY QUALIFICATIONS
- Two-year related warehouse experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Ability to be neat and organized and pay extreme attention to detail.
- Must be able to work under strict time constraints and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
- Critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Attention to detail with emphasis on clarity and accuracy
- Excellent follow through with multiple levels of management
- Time management & personal organization skills; multitasking
- Strong and accurate communication skills, positive customer service attitude
- Accuracy and a sense of urgency are required to ensure shipments meet required deadlines
- Ability to read, speak and interpret in English.
- Previous experience in shipping, logistics, or other related fields
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 /hour
- Shipping and receiving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Warehouse labor: 1 year (Preferred)
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. Beginning at 6:30 AM till 6:30 PM.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Communication method(s) used:
Our mission is to provide Great Service, to Happy Customers, resulting in Full Buildings, staffed by Passionate Team Members.
Who we are:
Spartan Logistics is a regional provider of world-class third-party logistics services. Our locations are within 1 day delivery to 2/3 of the population and manufacturing capacity of the US. Spartan Logistics is always expanding its footprint with new locations.